- 8 tbsp Anchor unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup red liquid food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose Five Roses flour
- 5 tbsp unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 12 oz Condensed Milk
- FROSTING - 3 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup Anchor butter room temperature, 8 oz cream cheese room temperature for 30 min, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp Full Cream Milk or Anchor heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter/flour (or spray) a 9x13-inch baking pan, set aside
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes
- Add the red food coloring and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until incorporated
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk/vinegar by hand
- Mix together with a wooden spoon just until combined, do not overmix
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spread into an even layer
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove and poke holes into the cake with a fork
- Pour the Condensed Milk over top.
- Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese on high speed for 2-3 minutes, then reduce speed and add the powdered sugar.
- Add in the salt, vanilla extract and Full Cream Milk
- Beat for an additional 2-3 minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy
- Spread across the cooled cake and decorate as desired
Serve and Enjoy!